Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Alma Mater Tower in Lego Form

GuthrieTower
I've been experimenting with Lego Digital Designer a bit in the past week. While doing so, I received the usual Alumni brochure from my former college, Western Kentucky University. It showed the Guthrie Bell Tower, which was a landmark they had just started building during my senior year, so I missed out on the finished product. Anyway, I figured I could make a recreation of that in brick form. The bottom part was very easy to design, as you can imagine, but rendering the octagonal bell tower itself was kind of tricky. I really like working with this program since I don't have to worry about what brick inventory I have on hand. It's definitely not a substitute for the real thing, but it's a great no-cost way to explore design ideas.

1 comment:

  1. how did you build the octagonal bell tower itself ? nice model anyway !

    ReplyDelete

Blog Collector Blog Directory HyperSmash.com blogville.us